Summer Solar Program
ACE’s Skilled Trades Summer Program exposes trainees to the solar industry and green skilled trades while enabling participants to master key construction and workplace skills that prepare them for a career in solar. This 6 week ‘earn while you learn” program will provide technical and soft skills training, while supporting life skills and goal planning through care management.
- Six Weeks – July 6th to August 13th, Monday through Thursday
- Week 1 through week 5 will be half-days (9am to 1pm)
- Week 6 will include 4 days of hands-on training for 8 hours per day, and an evening completion celebration on August 13th
- 16 to 24 years of age.
- A willingness to learn and commit to a 6 week program.
- Must be willing to commit to abiding by the Solar Summer Community Respect Agreements (established by the trainees and staff together)
- OSHA 10 Certification & 2 NCCER Module Completion Certificates
- Receive a tool belt with $350 worth of tools
- Earn up to $1,650 in stipends and incentives
- Breakfast & lunch provided
- Transportation Assistance
- High School Credit (Fall ’21 YCSC students only)